Students Truly Learn to Care
The dynamic of remaining together for 2-3 years changes the way that classmates see each other.
Students are trained to talk and really listen to each other.
- Mixed peer groups having different ages and abilities
- Younger students offer wonder and thought provoking ideas
- Older students refine ideas and set the norms for behavior
- Communication is directly taught
- A socially awkward child becomes a leader and friend
- Younger students are nurtured by older students
- Competition (to be the best speller or mathmetician) is replaced by personal goal setting and celebration of classmates for attaining those goals.
In essence, we become a family.